Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Halliburton Farms Bull With Red Ears


This bull calf was born at Halliburton Farms on March 27, 2006. His sire is Halliburton Rito and out of a dam by the name of Queen Bean Two. He has four generations of Purebred Ancestors on both sides of his pedigree and as such will be qualified to sire American Fullblood British Whites if bred to the right female. Of course that is assuming he makes it to Herd Sire capacity.

The first picture was taken when he was just a few days old and was used as my Picture of The Week. See http://www.britishwhite.com/powarchive12.htm and again as a near weaning age calf with his dam, http://www.britishwhite.com/powarchive14.htm



The second picture was taken about the same time as the first one, notice how nice and clean he is in both pictures. You might also take a look at that grass cover. We usually expect it to be a pretty green, nice and lush this time of year. OhWell! Maybe next year. I've been through a few droughts in my life and best I remember each one ended with a good rain and this one may do the same.

The third picture was taken on September 17, 2006 after a long dry summer and it really shows in all the dirt gathered in his hair. He is growing into a very adequate size but won't be an extremely large bull, I hope. I'll be keeping my eye on him for a while.

I recently had him DNA GeneStar tested by Bovigen to see if he carried any of the favorable genes for Tenderness and Quality Grade. I am happy to say he has three stars for Tenderness, one star for Quality Grade and a -1.0 GPD.

Feel free to call ahead and stop by Halliburton Farms if you would like to see him with your own eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think he's beautiful, very striking those red points!